pastor & teacher - jeremy d. scott


I’m Jeremy. I get to oversee the North Street Community as pastor. My wife, Meghan, and I got married in Salisbury, MD on May 31, 2003 just a couple of weeks after we graduated from Eastern Nazarene College. I got a degree in mathematics and Meghan in social work. We soon moved to Kansas City, KS so I could attend Nazarene Theological Seminary. I graduated from NTS with an M. Div. in 2006.

On March 28, 2005, our son Brayden Wesley was born. I had hoped to have two children. But we went ahead and jumped right over that goal on February 1, 2007, when our twin girls Brenna Munro and Brooklyn Gwen were born. And then on November 5, 2009, Brysen Parker was born. These kids are beautiful and...life is busy, tiring, and wonderful all at once.

We moved to Hingham in February of 2006. We love the town and love living here. The historic and stateliness of the Hingham is to be admired. We do, however, feel challenged by living in such an area. We confess that living here as followers of Christ in a well-established town in the wealthiest nation and most powerful empire ever is challenging.

Here’s some of who I am: I like to have conversations about God, Christ, and the Spirit. Those who know me find me idealizing about community and trying to find and live out fresh and genuine truth rather than the plastic illusion of most of what goes on these days in our culture. I acknowledge the extremely difficult movement from ideal to reality. But I press on...

As for enjoying the times of life, I like playing with my kids, playing games (Catan, Ticket to Ride, etc.), reading about the above topics and more, listening to music, napping, napping while listening to music, driving, basketball, on-line stuff, and going up to Vermont. (You can find me on Facebook or Twitter.) You can read my thoughts over the last several years at my website.

I love watching and following sports, in this order - Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, and Syracuse Orange. I love music, especially music that challenges me. Favorites include Derek Webb, U2, Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Mumford & Sons, Jars of Clay, Vivaldi, Morricone, and Chopin. I like to read when I can. In the scriptures, I am particularly challenged by the letter to the Philippians, the gospel of John, and the first letter of John. Other books that I’ve appreciated recently or in the past include The Lost Letters of Pergamum, The Chronicles of Narnia, Watership DownThe Cost of DiscipleshipLife Together, and Evangelism after Christendom.
Please feel free to contact me. My prayer for the North Street community and everyone is that our days are found together in Christ. I welcome questions...I go by the mantra that we're all still learning, all still being shaped and formed by grace, and can all help each other. I ask questions in a quest for what's true and loving and good and invite others to join me in that journey. If we don't seek, we don't find. If we reside in fear, we miss out on love.


Peace in Christ,
Jeremy